Prototyping With Arduino
With Arduino the creative possibilities are endless.
Unleash your creative potential by mastering the fundamentals of electronics, programming, sensors, actuators, and Arduino in this hands-on workshop series. No prior experience with Arduino, electronics, or programming is required.
Develop the skills to integrate various input sensors, control output displays, and work with different types of actuators. With the skills taught in this class, you can go on to create projects like an automatic bird feeder, vibrant LED artwork, a home automation system, or even a remote-controlled robot using the versatile Arduino platform.
The first two weeks are focused on learning through hands-on experience using a variety of sensors, displays, and actuators, writing simple programs for the Arduino, developing troubleshooting and problem solving skills, and using a variety of different tools. In the third session you will have the opportunity to apply this new knowledge through the guided development of a project. Choose a one of our projects or bring your own idea (if you have your own project idea please get in touch via email before the class to confirm its feasibility and the availability of materials).
- Electronics and programming basics for Arduino
- Hands-on experience with various sensors, displays, and actuators
- Learn to use input sensors including push buttons, potentiometers, joysticks, light sensors, noise sensors, and ultrasonic distance sensors, among others
- Control output displays like LEDs, LCD screens, and buzzers
- Spin up actuators including DC motors, servos, and stepper motors
- Developing troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Arduino project development and guided application of knowledge
Included Take-home Package:
- Arduino starter kit (valued at $60)
- Comprehensive course notes and resources for continued learning
- Guidance on material sourcing and recommended tools
- Arduino troubleshooting guide
- Suggested at-home exercises
Time: Every 2nd, 3rd, and 4th Wednesday of the month from 6:00 P.M. to 9:00 P.M. This course consists of three 3-hour sessions, starting on the second Wednesday of each month and continuing for the following two Wednesdays (9 hours total).
Price: $270.00 + GST. Includes a take-home Arduino starter kit valued at $60.
Ages: Suitable for ages 15 and up.
Required Equipment: Participants are required to bring their own laptop and charger with a USB Type-A port (or appropriate adapter). Participants must be computer literate, comfortable installing software packages, and managing files.
Location: MakerLabs, 780 East Cordova Street, V6A 1M3, Vancouver, Canada
Cancellation Policy: You may request a refund or reschedule to a future date up to 24 hours before the event by contacting us via email. Refunds cannot be provided with less than 24 hours notice; however, 50% of the price can be credited towards a future session. No refunds or credits will be provided for no-shows. Please note that Eventbrite fees are non-refundable and will be deducted from the refund.
Keywords: Arduino Workshop, Electronics, Programming, Robotics, Sensor Integration, Hands-on Learning, STEAM Education, DIY Projects, Arduino Projects